Announcing Jetson Orin Nano

We are pleased to announce the Jetson Orin Nano series, rounding out the Jetson Orin family of modules. Jetson Orin Nano modules deliver up to 40 TOPS of AI performance in the smallest Jetson form-factor, with power options between 5W and 15W. This gives you up to 80X the performance of the previous generation Jetson Nano and sets the new standard for entry-level Edge AI.

Jetson Orin Nano 8GB and Jetson Orin Nano 4GB are form-factor and pin-compatible with Jetson Orin NX series modules. They support multiple concurrent AI application pipelines with high-speed IO and an NVIDIA Ampere architecture GPU, enabling lower-priced consumer, retail analytics, and industrial QA devices to benefit from more complex AI models.

The Jetson Orin Nano modules will be available in January, 2023 starting at $199, and you can start developing for them today with the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit. Check the “Additional Files” section of the Jetson Linux 35.1 release page for the Orin Nano emulation overlay.

We have set up a new forum for Jetson Orin Nano. For more information about Jetson Orin Nano, see these new documents:

Also, watch the NVIDIA GTC September 2022 session from Leela Karumbunathan, Jetson Hardware Product Manager: Announcing Jetson Orin Nano: the New Standard for Entry-Level Edge AI [A41731]

Listen I’m out of my depth her but I am looking for a board that is suitable for what I’m wanting to build. Now understand this will have to be built by someone else who knows what there doing it won’t ever be me.
In my research I have found the need for extensive storage and the need for mobility are big pluses in my world.
So I have looked into a bevy of these nano sized boards and when I realized what this one was slowing developers entry into A.I. with this board I am wondering with what appears to be impressive computational prowess it must have. I am assuming that for what I consider to be a remedial task for what I’m hoping due to the pedigree of Nvidia. That this board would be ideal for what I’m wanting to do.

1—Would this work as a N.A.S. platform?
If I pared it with a couple of 4tb 2.5 S.S.D.'s
And turned it into a N.A.S. would this outperform Raspberry Pi? You see the performance is well documented with Pi as to how a build like this works, as far as real performance. Would this upgrade over what a P.I. can do at this task?

2— My next biggest concern is portability. I never want to plug this into nothing more than what a tablet would use to power it. Although I would like to include a suitable power Management board with this that would increase portability and greatly extend my time “off cord” so I would truly be able to go anywhere.

3—Could this power management be set to include external comonaly available back up batteries that one would go into action with the purpose of extending “off cord time”

4— could this management of power resources be made to handle management from more than one battery? Say 2 semi perminate externals that one could both be dedicated to powering this project or both batteries could be split to serve two devices at one time?

Please I know my ignorance of this realm is huge but this project is extremely important me and I have bigger plans with it in the long run. I just need a qualified “speudo developer”
To help me hash out on paper what is possible with what I have in my head.

If there’s ever way to get this nail down on paper with instructions software the whole nine yards parts everything I will take that information. By the parts. And I will go find someone to put it together. Any help that you guys can provide me in this endeavor please let me know. As I don’t know whether or not I will be back on here. I’m going to drop my email but I’m not sure if that’s against the forum of rules. I apologize ahead of time if it is.

thestampisdead@gmail.com