Announcing Jetson Orin NX: Big AI performance for small autonomous machines

We are very excited to announce NVIDIA® Jetson OrinTM NX, the most powerful AI computer for power-efficient autonomous machines in the smallest Jetson form factor. With 100 TOPS of AI Performance for running multiple concurrent inference pipelines, Jetson Orin NX gives you big performance in an amazingly compact package. The system-on-module includes a cutting edge NVIDIA Ampere architecture GPU with 1024 CUDA Cores, 32 Tensor Cores and a 8 Core Arm® Cortex®-A78AE CPU.

The Jetson Orin NX module is coming in Q4 2022. Sign up to get notified when they are available by visiting the Jetson Orin NX product page. There you can also find more detailed specifications of the module.

We look forward to engaging with you about Jetson Orin NX here in this forum.

Get started on your development in Q1 2022 with the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit, which includes support for emulating Jetson Orin NX. (Visit Announcing Jetson AGX Orin: Next-level AI performance for next-gen robotics to learn about Jetson AGX Orin).

JetPack 5.0 will support Jetson AGX Orin module and developer kit. JetPack 5.0 will include kernel 5.10, reference file system based on Ubuntu 20.04, UEFI as bootloader, OP-TEE as the trusted execution environment, and also the latest compute stack. JetPack 5.0 Developer Preview release is targeted for Q1 2022 supporting Jetson AGX Orin module and developer kit, and JetPack 5.1 targeted for Q4 2022 will support Jetso Orin NX. Learn about the Jetson software roadmap at Jetson Roadmap | NVIDIA Developer

1 Like

One question that come in mind after Nanos personnal experience:

Ready for production (B1 pin compatible) or will there be another revision shortly after release?

edit: 3 x1 + 1 x4 PCIe Gen 4 - 3x USB 3.2 Gen2 - this make me doubt about native compatibility with previous NX carrier

any ETA or expectable retail price?

Does this mean that there will be no separate Orin NX dev kit? Or just that it’ll be introduced later?

@_Stefan we dont have further informaiton to share at this time.

@softreaper

Orin NX will be form factor compatible with Xavier NX. We don’t have further information to share on pin compatibility or price at this time.

Q4 2022 !

Tha announcement is a bit early.

1 Like

I am curious to know if the ISP and APE will use the same Cortex-R5 as before?

I believe only 8 lanes is not enough considering that every day in robotics we are using more lanes. I believe with 12 lanes we can provide 3 cameras with 4 lanes each one the for specific models we have high resolution with high speed cameras.

1 Like

Do you plan to have a devkit in Orin NX form factor as well?