I trained a strategy for object grasping using reinforcement learning with 1000 parallel environments. I fixed all random seeds as much as possible. My strategy achieved a reproducible success rate of 88.5% during repeated runs. However, intriguingly, when I set the RL strategy’s first action to 0 in a specific environment (solely for testing purposes, without considering its practical significance), I observed that the success rate fluctuated by more than 0.1% (indicating that the action change in this environment affected other environments). Furthermore, through multiple repeated runs, I identified the 11.5% of environments that failed. When I set the actions of these environments to 0 while keeping the actions of the other environments unchanged, this should not have affected the overall success rate. However, surprisingly, it led to a significant drop in the success rate. I am wondering whether the environments in Isaac Gym are entirely independent or if the success or failure of one environment could influence others to some extent.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Individual envs are not deterministic? | 2 | 1183 | December 8, 2022 | |
| Isaac Gym for Multi-Robot Cooperation/Exploration/Navigation in an Environment | 3 | 1140 | December 25, 2023 | |
| Possible to running multiple gym environments in parallel? | 1 | 726 | October 9, 2020 | |
| OmniIsaacGymEnvs different environment instead of cloning | 0 | 309 | January 20, 2024 | |
| How parallel RL process works in ISAAC gym? | 0 | 540 | December 19, 2022 | |
| How to train multiple environments with RL in one scene at the same time? | 2 | 522 | June 21, 2022 | |
| Randomness in Isaac | 6 | 1408 | April 23, 2022 | |
| Different results based on environment spacing | 3 | 1202 | August 16, 2022 | |
| Unable to train multi environment robot | 7 | 3015 | December 28, 2022 | |
| Can IsaacGym provide a parallel environment class that supports the SMDP or HRL algorithm? | 0 | 416 | April 12, 2023 |