ArticulationViews falling with OmniIsaacGymEnvs framework

Hey,
I’m trying to play with the OmniIsaacGymEnvs framework. My goal is to learn to a turltebot 2 to go to a position. I’m encountering few problems that I cannot solve as a beginner. Here is the code I use to create my scene :

As a result, all of my turtlebots inside my simulation are falling. When i remove the “scene.add …”, the collision between the turtlebots and the ground is working.

So i found a solution : manually untick the checkbox “enable colision” of the ground plane and tick again it (when the simulation has already start). But I don’t think it’s a convenient way, and i don’t know how to do this in my code with the python API.

Do you guys have a solution ?
thanks a lot,
Axel

Hi Axel, the overall workflow for setting up the environment looks correct to me. Could you try verifying your asset outside of OmniIsaacGymEnvs to see if the collisions work as expected? You can also try within OmniIsaacGymEnvs with CPU pipeline (pipeline=cpu) and enable the physics debug visualization to visualize the collision shapes.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.