Auto control for multiple cameras

Hi.

I’ve a question related to the Argus library (Libargus)

In a multi camera (3 in my case) scenario using one captureSession, is it possible for the AutoControl (AC) of the captureSession to calculate the AutoExposure (AE) based on the captures from all the sensors?
Or is the AC limited to only one, as described in this thread: Camera settings for multiple cameras - #6 by Fredde .

And if it’s possible, how do I configure the AC to consider all the captures.

hello christian.johansen,

may I know what’s the actual use-case, would you like an average exposure settings to these 3 cameras?
how about having all these 3 cam AE free running?

Hi JerryChang,

Question: may I know what’s the actual use-case / how about having all these 3 cam AE free running
Answer: The use case is to create a panorama image from 3 cameras, so having the cam AE free running for each camera is not a viable option.

Question: would you like an average exposure settings to these 3 cameras
Answer: Yes. Or alternativly calculate the AE based on regions from each camera.

here’s sample gst pipeline to assign AE region.
for example,
$ gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 aeregion="0 0 256 320 1.0" ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=NV12' ! nvoverlaysink -ev

I think there is some misunderstanding here. Firstly, we are running libargus directly, and not through gstreamer. Also the example above looks like it sets the auto exposure region to a region within sensor-id=0. What we want to do is to have an equal exposure response across all three camera sensors (one is master, two are slaves), and we want the brightness across all three cameras to determine how the auto exposure reacts. The usecase is outdoor scenery, so if f.ex. if the sun enters one camera, then all of the cameras need to react similarly

there’s Argus example, syncSensor, which as same as you point-out in the 1st post.
it’ll based-on 1st camera device as master for capture settings, and creating stream settings object and set common settings to both streams.

in other words, there’s only two ways, (1) 3 cam AE free running, (2) based-on single cam AE settings and apply the same settings to all of others.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.