Camera settings for multiple cameras

I’m using a setup of two cameras in the same ambient conditions.
Is there a way for multiple cameras to use the same automatic settings, i.e. exposure, gain etc.

E.g how do use one sensor as slave to the other in terms of setting?

/Fredrik

hello Fredde,

you may refer to [Multimedia API Sample Applications], please check 13_multi_camera for an example to enable multiple cameras.
this sample runs with multi-session feature in libargus means each camera will execute 3A individually.

in order to have multiple cameras to share the same settings. you may check Argus samples, syncSensor.
it’ll runs with single-session feature in libargus to enumerate single software capture requests and automatic settings to couple of camera sensors.
thanks

Hi Jerry,

I don’t think any of these examples synchs the exposure/gain for the sensors

/Fredrik

hello Fredde,

had you check Argus example, syncSensor ?
thanks

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I checked this example. Can’t find anything related to gain or exposure, or am I missing something?

/Fredrik

hello Fredde,

those 3A settings were not directly configure from the application level,
please refer to code snippet as below,

std::vector <CameraDevice*> lrCameras;
    lrCameras.push_back(cameraDevices[0]); // Left Camera (the 1st camera will be used for AC)
    lrCameras.push_back(cameraDevices[1]); // Right Camera

// Create the capture session, AutoControl will be based on what the 1st device sees.
    UniqueObj<CaptureSession> captureSession(iCameraProvider->createCaptureSession(lrCameras));
    ICaptureSession *iCaptureSession = interface_cast<ICaptureSession>(captureSession);

it’s AC (auto control) to handle the internal camera controls, as you can see, it’ll based-on 1st camera device for capture settings.

Great, thanks!