Batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list returns null in example deepstream_test_2.py

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU): Jetson NX Dev Kit
• DeepStream Version: 6.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only): 4.6 GA

Hi Sir/Madam:

Currently I am trying to run the Deepstream-python example: deepstream_test_2.py. I have not changed any codes, and run the script by python3 deepstream_test_2.py /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/samples/streams/sample_qHD.h264 1 on the NX Dev machine.

I see the video display with bounding box detected. However, l_user=batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list returns null. I didn’t find the solution and questions in forum. And I am wondering whether you can help, for why it is null in this example, and how to use batch_user_meta_list.

Thank you so much.

Best
Yichao

Can you share more what do you want to do? Can you share more on you use case?

Hi Kesong:

I just want to run this deepstream_test_2.py example and see results. And I found l_user=batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list returns null. I don’t quite understand why, or something I did wrong. I am wondering whether you can re-run this example, and see the value of l_user=batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list?

The reason why I am very interested in this result is because I want to know how to extract meta-data from multiple models by using python bindings. I don’t know whether some answers can be found in this example.

Thanks a lot.

Best
Yichao

Why you care about batch_user_meta_list? What do you want to get from it?

Hi Kesong:

I don’t quite understand your comments.
So, the reason why I raised this question is because when I run deepstream_test_2.py example with official test video containing cars and human, I found l_user=batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list returns null. I just want to know whether this null return is correct or not, and why.

I don’t quite understand the usage of batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list, that’s the reason I asked this question. In my mind, since we already have batch meta, obj meta, display meta. I don’t quite understand the usage of batch user meta. And I didn’t find many explanations online.

On the other side, I want to know how to extract meta-data from multiple models by using python bindings. I don’t know whether some answers can be found in this example.

Maybe this question is too simple for you, haha. But if you don’t mind, can you help to rerun deepstream_test_2.py on your side, and see whether you will get the same result as me? And if you want, can you help to give me a link to explain the usage of batch_meta.batch_user_meta_list?

Thanks a lot for your help.

batch_user_meta_list is for nvinfer output tensor or hold jpeg image if enabled. batch_user_meta_list will be null if you dont use those feature.

So, in deepstream_test_2.py example, batch_user_meta_list should not return null, right? because obj_meta contains vehicle and human detected information.

I got what’s the problem. I need to set interval not equal to zero in dstest2_pgie_config.txt and enable-past-frame=1 in dstest2_tracker_config.txt.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.