Best card?

I am looking to do some work on crowd animation with a particular focus on the simulation rather than rendering. My current desktop is a Dell Optiplex GX620 (a small form factor PC) and I was looking for some advice as to the best NVIDIA card to fit such a desktop that would be appropriate for massive crowd simulation. I am currently inclined towards the Tesla series for its greater focus on computation though do NVIDIA have such a card that would fit my desktop? Or would it be best for me to find a tower PC instead?

I am looking to do some work on crowd animation with a particular focus on the simulation rather than rendering. My current desktop is a Dell Optiplex GX620 (a small form factor PC) and I was looking for some advice as to the best NVIDIA card to fit such a desktop that would be appropriate for massive crowd simulation. I am currently inclined towards the Tesla series for its greater focus on computation though do NVIDIA have such a card that would fit my desktop? Or would it be best for me to find a tower PC instead?

I don’t think that small of a case can hold any high end CUDA card, as they are all double width, mostly full length cards. (Although the dimensions are hard to guess from a picture, it looks like a full length card would hit the CPU heatsink/fan.) Moreover, the power supply almost certainly could not provide the extra 200W required. You should look into a new computer.

I don’t think that small of a case can hold any high end CUDA card, as they are all double width, mostly full length cards. (Although the dimensions are hard to guess from a picture, it looks like a full length card would hit the CPU heatsink/fan.) Moreover, the power supply almost certainly could not provide the extra 200W required. You should look into a new computer.