Blackfly USB3 Image Processing on AGX Xavier

I am trying to setup an image acquisition pipeline using an AGX Xavier and a FLIR Blackfly BFS-U3-63S4C-C. This camera is Jetson Partner Supported Camera over the USB3 interface. I was wondering if you had any resources for setting up the image acquisition + processing on the Jetson. From what i understand, the onboard ISP on the Jetson is only accessible through the Argus API for CSI cameras. Are there any other ways to setup an Image Signal Processor on the Jetson with this USB3 camera from FLIR?

1 Like

hello rishj099,

you’re correct that for the following,

may I know what’s the additional image processing you would like to achieve.
thanks

As the FLIR camera provides raw images, I was looking at doing demosaicing, denoising, auto white balance as possible steps for processing the raw sensor reading.

hello rishj099,

ISP pipeline only support raw content from CSI; you cannot feed raw files from memory for tuning process.

there’s a samples that capture images from a V4L2, but it’s a YUV type of camera, 12_camera_v4l2_cuda.
please contact with sensor vendor to have further supports.
thanks

understood, I will reach out to FLIR and ask for support. Do you have any experience/thoughts of using something like this as an alternative?

hello rishj099,

I’ve never testing Fastvideo before.
nevertheless, you may refer to Camera Architecture Stack, cameras using USB interface can only go through v4l2src.
thanks

1 Like