Building DTB on Jetson Nano Native Board

Hi,
Due to security issues in my office, its quite difficult to interact with hostpc
i worked with jetson xavier nx , by downloading sources and building on the xavier nx itself
where copying dtb and Image files to /boot/ folder directly and adding multiple boot options in conf file use to get the job done

due to some issues i switched to jetson nano board, followed the same thing here too, i was able to manage the Image file but not the dtb,

after building sources the final_out_files/arch/arm/boot/dts contains many dtb files,
but if i see my jetson nano which dtb is used in release through command dmesg | grep -i kernel it uses tegra210xxx.dtb

but i could not find that final dtb file from the /dts folder

only left upproach is to take the dtb file existing in memory and back convert it to dts through DT compiler and then make changes - This is not begineer friendly i am not sure what changes of mine would really screw up the bootup

Kindly suggest me a way to build dtb on nano machine itself, with out depending on hostpcs.

Is that tegra210-p3448-0000-p3449-0000-b00,dtb? Could you attach the full dmesg?

Also, what did you see in your final_out_files/arch/arm/boot/dts?\

BTW, I don’t think this is a good long term solution if you keep your development like that.

I am posting both xavier nx and nano screens

Xavier Nx current running environment is as below, where i take the final dtb file built throgh making the kernel sources

Nano Screens are as below, where i am not able to find the actual end usable dtb file as like in xavier case

suggest me a similar way as i am doing with xavier nx

That is because you are using the wrong source code.

NX and TX2 are t194 and t186 soc but Nano is t210.

The source code are separate files.

True, Sorry for wasting your time, i was able to do the same with Nano Also

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.