Building Opencv with Cuda and cudnn: setupnet dnn module was not built with cuda backend; switching to cpu. JETSON TX2

Hi,
i’m trying to run a python script based on yolov3 on GPU of my Jetson Tx2.
I get this error:
opencv /modules/dnn/src/dnn.cpp (1363) setupnet dnn module was not built with cuda backend; switching to cpu
Following some forum developers answear i started to re-build opencv with:
cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE
-D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-D OPENCV_EXTRA_MODULES_PATH=~/opencv_contrib/modules
-D EIGEN_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/eigen3
-D WITH_OPENCL=OFF
-D WITH_CUDA=ON
-D CUDA_ARCH_BIN=6.2
-D CUDA_ARCH_PTX=“”
-D WITH_CUDNN=ON
-D WITH_CUBLAS=ON
-D ENABLE_FAST_MATH=ON
-D CUDA_FAST_MATH=ON
-D OPENCV_DNN_CUDA=ON
-D ENABLE_NEON=ON
-D WITH_QT=OFF
-D WITH_OPENMP=ON
-D WITH_OPENGL=ON
-D BUILD_TIFF=ON
-D WITH_FFMPEG=ON
-D WITH_GSTREAMER=ON
-D WITH_TBB=ON
-D BUILD_TBB=ON
-D BUILD_TESTS=OFF
-D WITH_EIGEN=ON
-D WITH_V4L=ON
-D WITH_LIBV4L=ON
-D OPENCV_ENABLE_NONFREE=ON
-D INSTALL_C_EXAMPLES=OFF
-D INSTALL_PYTHON_EXAMPLES=OFF
-D BUILD_NEW_PYTHON_SUPPORT=ON
-D BUILD_opencv_python3=TRUE
-D OPENCV_GENERATE_PKGCONFIG=ON
-D BUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF …
I get the following warning:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/cuda-10.2/lib64/libcudnn.so when searching for -lcudnn
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/cuda-10.2/lib64/libcudnn.so when searching for -lcudnn
I get this warning when “Linking CXX shared library …/…/lib/libopencv_***.so” is running with every libopencv.so target library.
The building process continues, then i install everything but at the end after running my python script i get the same error/warning of the beginning:
opencv /modules/dnn/src/dnn.cpp (1363) setupnet dnn module was not built with cuda backend; switching to cpu
What is the problem?
OpenCV 4.5.1
Cuda 10.2
cuDNN 8.6.0
Jetpack 4.6.2

Hi,

We got a topic that reports a similar issue:

It looks like the GPU support is turned off somehow.
We are checking this internally. Please wait for our update.

Thanks.

@amfilippo @AastaLLL

after that, make sure you have the libopencv_world.so file in your /usr/local/lib (usually)
and adding this to the platform you use, like Visual Studio should work.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.