Camera input for deepstream-emotion-app

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)**jetson nano
• DeepStream Version6.0.0
**• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)**4.6-b197
• TensorRT Version8.0
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**question
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
I am reaching out to you because I have a question about using the deepstream-emotion-app with real-time video from a camera as input. I am interested in using this app for a project, but I am not sure how to go about setting it up to work with a camera feed.
the example here deepstream_tao_apps/apps/tao_others/deepstream-emotion-app at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_tao_apps (github.com) only provide the jpg version.
Could you please advise me on what steps I need to take to use real-time video as input for the deepstream-emotion-app?
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

How much do you know about GStreamer GStreamer? It is a must to have basic GStreamer knowledge and coding skills before you start with DeepStream.

And then, you can choose proper GStreamer plugin or Deepstream plugin according to your camera’s driver or protocol, and the plugin can be used as the source plugin in the DeepStream pipeline.

E.G. If you are using CSI camera whose driver is the standard V4L2 driver and you have basic knowledges about V4L2 APIs and tools Part I - Video for Linux API — The Linux Kernel documentation, you can use open source GStreamer v4l2src plugin v4l2src (gstreamer.freedesktop.org) and some appropriate plugins as the input source plugin to replace the “uridecodebin” in the deepstream-emotion-app sample.

This is a basic GStreamer multimedia development knowledge, please study GStreamer and multimedia concepts first.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.