We have a 1Mpbs CAN bus that has been working fine until now. On this CAN bus there are different nodes sending messages without problem. However, after connecting the Nvidia system to it we are facing a continuous CAN error when a specific CAN frame is sent by one of the nodes.
Here are some images showing the problem:
On the above images can be seen the frame that Nvidia system rejects. This is:
• ID: 0x200.
• DLC: 8 bytes
• Data: 05 00 00 FD 7F FF 7F 01
If we change the ID to 0x199 there are no errors:
In addition, if we maintain the ID but the byte before the error bit position is changed, there are no errors neither:
Notice that the data bytes sent are 05 00 00 FD 7F 55 7F 01 instead of 05 00 00 FD 7F FF 7F 01.
Here are the details about our Nvidia AGX setup:
• The DB9 CAN connector 1&2 is being used trough pins 1 and 8.
• We are using CAN socket interface configured to 1Mbps bit rate.
• The Nvidia does not send any CAN data message.
Here are the observation we got after some tests:
- No matter which node sends the problematic CAN message, the result is the same.
- The error is still present if only the problematic CAN message is sent on the bus.
- If we disconnect the Nvidia from the CAN bus the errors disappear.
- No matter on which bus port the Nvidia is connected to.
- We have tried different CAN bit time configuration on both Nvdia and the node that sends the message with no results.
- We have tried variating the ‘sjw’ parameter on the Nvidia according to this topic (CAN bus has error after connecting Jetson - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson TX2 - NVIDIA Developer Forums) with no results.
Do you know why this is happening and how can be solved?
Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
Target Operating System
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
SDK Manager Version
Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04