Hardware Platform: DriveWorks AGX Xavier
Software Version: Drive Software 2.2
Host Machine Version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (Bionic Beaver)
SDK Manager Version: 18.104.22.16843
My IMUs do not work with XavierA CAN0/1. Earlier I created a post which kind of started with what seems like a termination issue or filtering issue, it didnt solve my problem. Thank you for your patience and help so far. That said, I still need help to get CAN interface to work on XavierA. I have some new information, which is as follows:
- It looks like either Physical layer issue or timing issue.
- IMU with ExtendedID has frame error almost always on the later part and retries sending previous message because what seemed like it dint receive ACK.
- Same IMU works with 11-bit id, doesn’t work with 29-bit id. Filter settings are default and according to Bosch Mttcan User Manual, by default Extended ID messages are put in RxBuffer along with StandardID messages from Figure 7.
- I check termination from no termination on the bus to termination on each node, issue still persisted.
- Do you also think that it might be a timing issue from what i’ve explained?
- What is the prescaler value on CAN clock and what is system clock(120MHz?) and CAN clock speed(50MHz?)?
- Would it help configuring prog_seg, phase_seg1, phase_seg2 parameters on SocketCAN?
- In section 10.1.2.1 in this document: Xavier_TRM_DP09253002_v1.4p.pdf I found that it talks about setting BTP and nTQ. Is this related? if yes, how and what values to configure?
Please advise what else can i try or how to narrow down the problem? let me know if you need more information.
Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your response.