Can I check the footage using v4l2 without using nvargus with the MIPI CSI camera (ex, pi camera imx219) in Jetson Nano?

Hello?

Can I check the footage using v4l2 without using nvargus with the MIPI CSI camera (ex, pi camera imx219) in Jetson Nano?

Thank you.

What kind of footage?

1 Like

Sorry I don’t really under the request.

1 Like

Not sure I better understand, but if you want to get frames from V4L API only, you may try using qv4l2:

sudo apt install qv4l2

qv4l2 -d /dev/video0
#or
qv4l2 -R -d /dev/video0

Not tested your case, though…

If not working you may try capturing one frame:

# v4l2-ctl command is provided by apt package v4l-utils. If not already installed as a qv4l2 dependency, install with:
sudo apt install v4l-utils

# Read one frame from RG10 sensor. Don't miss disabling bypass_mode, otherwise it may interfere with Argus
v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=1280,height=720,pixelformat=RG10 --stream-mmap -d /dev/video0 --set-ctrl bypass_mode=0 --stream-count=1 --stream-to=IMX219.raw

Note that it is bayer RG10 format. You would have to find a tool for displaying bayer RG10 image. Or read Nano TRM of your jetpack version for debayering yourself. Note that debayering from CPU will probably be slow on Nano.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.