Can I set the pinmux just by modifying the device tree without modifying the pinmux config file?

What is the function of pinmux config file?

Thanks

Hi,

bootloader would need those config file during bootup. Those are not just device tree.

As far as I know, cboot and kernel use the same device tree. which bootloader uses the pinmux config file?

Thanks.

Can someone answer the question?
If pinmux has been set in the pinmux config file, is it not necessary to set it again in the kernel?

Thanks.

I am not sure what your question is.

Pinmux would be configured as a config file and kernel device tree is a dtb file.
These two are different.

In your question,

As far as I know, cboot and kernel use the same device tree. which bootloader uses the pinmux config file?

Thanks.

→ There are still other bootloaders during the boot flow, which we don’t have source code released. I would suggest you to read L4T document → Boot flow for more information.

Can someone answer the question?
If pinmux has been set in the pinmux config file, is it not necessary to set it again in the kernel?

->You don’t need to set pinmux file again in kernel.

Thank you very much for your answer.

If a pin is not set in the cfg file, but is set in the kernel device tree, does this pinmux work when the kernel is started?

Thanks.

No, that would not work.

So, if I want to change a pinmux, I must modify the cfg file, right?

Thanks.

yes, you need to modify it.

Thanks a lot.

In addition to the need to modify the cfg, do I still need to modify the kernel device tree?

Thanks.