2. Plug out → power off → power on → finish booting → plug in
  3. Plug out → power off-> plug in → power on
  4. Keep plug in → power off → power on

The results are almost same.

Could you help do a quick test/debug?

#1. Boot up without hdmi plugged
#2. Use following command through ssh to turn off the X11 

sudo service lightdm stop

#Replug the HDMI and check if the error about that WIN3 still occurred.
#Use ctrl + alt +f1~f6 to see if console mode works.

Hi WayneWWW,

Following your steps, results:

1. WIN3 error does not occurred
  2. Console mode work well (1-6) with ctrl + alt + f1-f6

If I start lightdm service again, WIN3 error occurred again

Could you help check if the “skip_flip” in “kernel/display/drivers/video/tegra/dc/ext/dev.c” is set or not?

How can I check it? Now I can not rebuild kernel 28.1 because some missing from NVIDIA kernel source.

Sure, sorry for the stupid request… We are still working on the tx2 source tarball. I will update here once it is ready.

I think the nv-tegra can work now. Please try to sync code from here.

./source_sync.sh -k tegra-l4t-r28.1

Thanks, now I can compile successfully. Going to next step.

Hi WayneWWW,

Is there any way to fix my HDMI issue? Hope it will be in the next update.

Thanks

Could you help check if the “skip_flip” in “kernel/display/drivers/video/tegra/dc/ext/dev.c” is set or not?

I checked in the end of this func “tegra_dc_ext_flip_worker”, the result is 0.

It looks like X11 has somehow missed the window info to kernel.

However, this works good when using devkit. Could you ask the permission of the schematic and share it through private message to me?

Hi WayneWWW,

Our hardware guy has changed a little, now HDMI work well on latest kernel version. Thanks a lot for your support. Now I want to support ov10635 image sensor, do you have any recommendation.

hello forever3000,

please refer to the 28.10.1 Input Data Formats chapter of the Parker Series SoC Technical Reference Manual.
according to the parker TRM, OV10635 output 18-bit combined RAW is not supported.
you could also check the tegra capability to choose the suitable camera sensor. thanks

Hi JerryChang,

Thank for your information.
However as I check, that section should be 27.10.1 and list of supported input

• RAW 8ppc: RAW6, RAW7, RAW8, RAW10, RAW12, RAW14, embedded-8
• RGB 8ppc: RGB444, RGB555, RGB565
• RGB 4ppc: RGB666, RGB888
• YUV 8ppc: YUV420-8 legacy, YUV420-8 CSPS, YUV422-8
• YUV 4ppc: YUV422-10
• YUV mixed: YUV420-10 CSPS

According to OV10635, output formats are
• Up to 18-bit combined raw
• Separated 10-bit raw
• 8-/10-bit YUV422.

So I think tegra can support YUV422-10 format as well as this camera sensor.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

hello forever3000,

i had notice that ov10635 output interface 10-bit parallel DVP which is not supported by tegra.
you may connect a bridge to convert this signal to mipi signal or other video formats.
thanks

Thank for your notice. Actually, I use MAX9288 as bridge to convert DVP to MIPI.

hello forever3000,

you should check the bridge specification to confirm the converted MIPI is supported by Tegra or not.
please file another new topic if you have further questions.
thanks

We are probably experiencing the same problem. With a TX1 on our board HDMI works fine, with a TX2 we only get console. When X11 is started we get the next errors:

[code]
955.201627] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0
[ 955.603399] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0
[ 956.404265] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0
[ 956.805827] tegradc 15210000.nvdisplay: sanitize_flip_args: WIN 3 invalid size:w=0,h=0,out_w=0,out_h=0
[\code]

Could you ask your hardware guy what changes he made to make it work? Maybe it will provide some inspiration for us.

Hi forever3000,

I am also facing same issue can you please share what hardware change you have done on board so that HDMI started working.