Cannot get CUDA at all to work I cannot find any reliable sources to actually get a simple CUDA

Greetings to all,
I have been trying this CUDA thing out for the longest time now and still cannot seem to yield any type of results. I simply can not set this stuff up, I can not find any simple instruction that details how to get all the parts to work together to run a simple program. I read the release notes and it says to build a solution, I built the solution, what am I supposed to do after that?(By the way I seem to get errors,Why am I building a solution to use to make a program? shouldn’t I been using the cuda.h library file(that’s confusing)) I installed all drivers and SDK files, everything is on my system but why can I not figure this out, when I start coding in VS2010 I get a million squiggly kines under everything (global is one of them)(cudaMemcpy as well) y is it that after downloading and installing all these files that I now have to put a puzzle together just to get a simple program to run. I thought this was supposed to be an easy extension on to the C language like what is stated in print. What are the simple steps and beginning processes to get things up and running? I have VS2010, Vista, 2 GeForce 8800 GTX cards, CUDA 3.2 toolkit installed,updated drivers installed, I even have both books and they still do not cover what files need to be where in order for you to process even the “Hello World Example” program. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :spaz:

do you use nvcc to compile .cu file?

Hello,

it seems to me that actually cuda is not supported under VS2010 but VS2008 does work very well!

try this to setupo a new project: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2046228/how-do-i-start-a-new-cuda-project-in-visual-studio-2008

Before any project remember to compile the “common” directory the basis .lib necessary to be linked with the projects you’ll make

Bye :-)