need starter guidance with CUDA (absolute beginner) Help me, I need your help badly.

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I just entered the realm of CUDA. I want to do the simplest of things- take a piece of simple CUDA code, compile it with the CUDA compiler and run it in GPU (a simulator may be). So, I need your help, because I’m getting lost in the vast of information.

how can I get sample CUDA code?
where can I get the CUDA compiler, how to install it and compile with it?
is there any GPU simulator?

I’m using windows 7. I am a complete beginner.

I’ll be waiting for your answers. Thanks in advance.

Try this.

Thanks. But I went through that page and I’m not sure where to begin with.

Well, by this time I downloaded the CUDA toolkit. I got the nvcc compiler with it. I tried to compile a sample CUDA code from internet but it shows this error:

nvcc fatal : Visual Studio configuration file ‘(null)’ could not be found for installation at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin/…/…

I have no clue what the problem is. I am still searching for an answer. If anybody knows, please let me know. I am using MS visual studio 2009.

Haha - too cool!

This thread here should be helpful.

Thanks. I already got rid of the problem I specified. I removed the 64 bit version of the CUDA toolkit and replaced them with 32 bit version. The compiler is okay now.

But I tried to compile a simple CUDA code for testing and it is telling me this error :

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘stdafx.h’: No such file or directory

I can’t fix it. Can’t even get where the problem is. I am using MS visual studio 9. I included the path of this stdafx.h in the system PATH variable, it didn’t work. Anyone has any ideas please?