problem with the nvcc (i'm a beginner)

Hello (sorry for my english , i’m french) . I’m a beginner with CUDA , I heard a lot of things about these API and I would like to use it .
That is my problem :

I have download the last drivers (compatible with CUDA) , the CUDA toolkit and the CUDA SDK , In France there are few information about these API that’s why I have some difficulty to resolve my problem:

I create a file with the .cu extension
And when I try to compile with the windows shell I have an error :

nvcc “adress_of_my_file.cu”

nvcc fatal : Cannot find compiler ‘cl.exe’ in PATH

Can somebody explain me my error ? Thanks for your help !

You need to have visual C++ installed. You can open the example projects from the SDK with VC++ and compile from there.

Thanks for your help , i progress ^^ , I have already installed MSVC but I ignored that there were a command prompt wich must be started .

I have MSVC express 2008 and now the error that he tell me is :
nvcc fatal : nvcc cannot find a suported cl version . Only MSVC 7.1 and MSVC 8.0 are supported

Must i downgrad my version of MSVC ?

I believe your vc++ version is supported by Cuda 2.1 beta (which is as far as I am concerned the recommended version anyway)

Thanks for your help ! i have download the 2.1 version of CUDA and it works ! I compile without errors . Now I will try to make a real project (with separated compilation) I don’t know how but I will try ^^ .