Can't wake up from suspend with Quadro M1200 / nvidia-driver-515.65.01

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (296.9 KB)

Hi there.
On a fresh install of Linux Mint 21, I can’t wake up after a suspend and I have to force to shutdown.
It works sometimes, but most of the time it doesn’t.

The driver is the recommended 515.65.01 from ubuntu (graphical installation).

The issue disappears when I’m using the xserver-xorg-video-nouveau driver instead. Also the system seems faster to login/logout/shutdown when using nouveau driver.

The way to suspend is the graphical method.

nvidia-modeset: WARNING: GPU:0: Lost display notification (0:0x00000000); continuing.
nvidia-modeset: ERROR: GPU:0: Idling display engine timed out: 0x0000947d:0:0:407

Please check if this is also occuring with the 470 driver.

Yes, this is occuring with 470 as well.
I can remember it was happening in Manjaro too, with nvidia-driver, but I can’t remember which driver version.

It’s a Dell Precision 7520.

@generix
problem is still here with 515.76

With a manual installation of new 520.56 (.run version from nvidia), the issue disappears. But integration with OS (linux mint) seems incomplete , as many options are missing in nvidia-settings. Is it a bug or should I wait for the driver to be packaged by Graphics Driver’s ppa ?

This might be triggered on your notebook by this:
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/495.44/README/powermanagement.html
So maybe reverting it (setting the module options to 0, disable the systemd units) will work around it.