Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right place to ask. I’m currently working with CloudXR Server 3.2.0 and SteamVR 2.9.6, and I’ve run into a resolution issue that I haven’t been able to resolve on my own. I was wondering if anyone here might have some insight or suggestions — any help would be greatly appreciated!
When using CloudXR Server 3.2.0 and SteamVR 2.9.6, after launching VR in Monolithic mode and connecting with the Android client to CloudXR, I keep encountering a resolution degradation anomaly. Is there any way to fix this? Also, strangely, no matter what parameters I set on the client side, CloudXR always reports this error:
Client Config resolution 3072 x 3072 request is higher than FBC supported max resolution 2048 x 2048
#1(I)[2026-09-01 09:31:14,588]=17:31:14=*00000*{45416}&97D8C4A7& The Color Space Mode being used is 7
#2(I)[2026-09-01 09:31:14,589]=17:31:14=*00000*{45416}&B8FC5D7B& Open encoding session result: NV_ENC_SUCCESS.
#3(M)[2026-09-01 09:31:14,589]=17:31:14=*00000*{45416}&896CEFB5& Max number of reference frames configured 1 for 3072x3072
#4(M)[2026-09-01 09:31:14,589]=17:31:14=*00000*{45416}&A08C34AC& HEVC video format selected
#5(M)[2026-09-01 09:31:14,589]=17:31:14=*00000*{45416}&4C82329C& RateControl mode NV_ENC_PARAMS_RC_CBR is selected for 3072@90
I’ve tried adjusting parameters on the client end without any luck — the 3072×3072 request seems to be forced regardless. If anyone has encountered something similar or has ideas on what I might be missing, I’d be very grateful for your input.
Thanks in advance for your time and any guidance you can share!