Confused about smart recording

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version 6.0.1

I want to implement smart recording where the recording process can be initiated upon detecting a certain object (be it person, vehicle, etc)
So far i understood that we can enable smart record through cloud messages, but for local events i dont see how to provide the trigger for recording (the trigger being the detection of the object of interest).

I have gone throught all the feilds for smart recording, it seems like you can only set intervals and durations for recording but it does take any local event as a trigger.

please refer to deepstream sample , Quickstart Guide — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation for example : /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-testsr
g_timeout_add (SMART_REC_INTERVAL * 1000, smart_record_event_generator, nvdssrCtx); this will trigger local record event.

please refer to smart recording 's description: Smart Video Record — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.