Creating a gaming console powered by Jetson or something like it

I’m new here and I’d like to start off by saying that I’m pretty I think I have selected the wrong category.

So, basically, I’d like to know if there is any way that the Jetson nano or the Jetson NX would be good to use to create a console with, and if not, what would you suggest I use, I’ve done loads of research and the Jetson nano has a pretty powerful gpu but might not be powerful enough for some games. For example, the Jetson nano has the same SOC as the Nintendo switch with the only difference that the Nintendo switch has double the GPU cores.

Then we get to the Jetson NX which is way more powerful but with the issue of the Jetson NX being at a pretty high price tag making it hard to sell and compete with the consoles that are out for about the same price as a Jetson NX, but then we look at the raw gpu power and see that it has a lot more power over the normal Jetson nano.

So the question is, what should I use, and if you think I shouldn’t use any of the Jetsons, what should I use instead.

This console will be made to run new games for example CSgo, Minecraft, Fortnite, Fallout series and more.

Hello @user28175 and welcome to the NVIDIA developer forums!

The category is fine, I just pushed it up one step since ti should not be narrowed down to Vulkan specifically.

As you stated correctly, the Switch has a very similar GPU as the Jetson products that are available from NVIDIA. That means any device using any of the Jetson versions will be quite capable in terms of high quality games.

I cannot give you any recommendation though since which Hardware to chose will depend on many different factors. The difference in system requirements between CS:GO and the newest Fallout games for example is already quite big. And keep in mind that developing a game console takes a lot of resources in terms of money, people as well as time.

I am sorry if I can’t be of more help, but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.