Cropping buffer with nvvideoconvert gives segmentation fault

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform: Jetson AGX Xavier.
• DeepStream Version: 5.1.

Hello, I have created an app based on the code of deepstream reference app and the gst-dsexample plugin to create my custom plugin. My pipeline is as follows:

video source (resolution 1920x1080) → nvstreammux (scale to 1024x576) → nvinfer0 (pgie-detector) → nvvideoconvert (crop bottom 1024x288) → nvinfer1 (pgie-custom network) → custom_plugin (post process output of the two nvinfer) → nvdsosd → filesink

The issue I am facing is that using nvvideoconvert for cropping results in a segmentation fault (no more information is provided in the console). What I have noticed myself is that:

1. by disabling nvvideoconvert, i.e, the second nvinfer operates on the full frame, the pipeline runs fine.
  2. by enabling nvvideoconvert but disabling saving to file also runs.
    Is it because the filesink expects the resolution defined from the nvstreammux? In that case could I pad somehow the cropped frame with black borders to restore resolution or is there another way to workaround this issue?

One solution is to crop the video before the nvstreammux, which works, but I would rather that the first nvinfer operates on the uncropped frame.

Kindly be as detailed as possible since I am new to gstreamer. Thank you in advance!

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Can you give the gst-launch pipeline for us to reproduce the issue?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.