CUDA 5.5 + VS2012 Compile Error MSB3721

hi guys,

I’m a newbie and have been trying to compile my program in VS2012 but have been getting the following error:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 5.5.targets(592,9): error MSB3721: The command ““C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.5\bin\nvcc.exe” -gencode=arch=compute_10,code="sm_10,compute_10" --use-local-env --cl-version 2012 -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin” -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.5\include” -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v5.5\include" -G --keep-dir Debug -maxrregcount=0 --machine 32 --compile -cudart static -g -DWIN32 -D_DEBUG -D_CONSOLE -D_MBCS -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W3 /nologo /Od /Zi /RTC1 /MDd " -o Debug\subroutines.cu.obj “C:\MC-AR\subroutines.cu”” exited with code 2.

So, can anyone of you can help me out in this please?

Thanks in advance.

It’s possible that you’re using code that is not compatible with sm_10,compute_10 platform. Change the platform to the appropriate one for your hardware. That might be sm_20,compute_20, sm_30,compute_30, or sm_35,compute_35.

I also have same error. If you have solve the error, please help me. Thanks.

Modify your VS settings so that the full output from the nvcc command is displayed in the console window. Then the path to resolution will be more obvious.

Any possible solution you guys might have came across?

Please do share. Several of us are facing similar problem.