Cuda 9.1 on Visual Studio 2017 15.6

Hi Everyone

My problem consists of the following error code. Despite all my experiments and searches on the internet, I couldn’t find a solution to my problem.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3721 The command ““C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.1\bin\nvcc.exe” -ccbin “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.13.26128\bin\HostX86\x86” -x cu -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.1\include” -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v9.1\include" -G --keep-dir Debug -maxrregcount=0 --machine 32 --compile -g -DWIN32 -DWIN64 -D_DEBUG -D_CONSOLE -D_MBCS -Xcompiler “/EHsc /W3 /nologo /Od /FS /Zi /RTC1 /MDd " -o Debug\kernel.cu.obj “C:\Users\QuantMoment\source\repos\CUDA91Demo\CUDA91Demo\kernel.cu” -clean” exited with code 1. CUDA91Demo C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 9.1.targets 883

switch to the 15.4 toolchain. You’ll find plenty of descriptions of that right here on these forums.

Hi txbob
First of all, thank you for your answer. I couldn’t figure out how to do the Toolchain replacement. How do I apply the solution in this response?

Best Regards

Read the last two posts in this thread:

[url]CUDA 9.0 does not work with the latest VS 2017 update - CUDA Setup and Installation - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Thank you for your interest
I removed the version of the existing VS 2017 15.6 because I didn’t think you’d come back immediately . I installed the 15.0 version I found and my CU files are running smoothly. Will the instructions in the following link from the posts that you have given in your reply be working smoothly if I reinstall and apply the version of the VS2017 15.6 ?

Best Regards