Cuda installation: error message with MVS 'build solution' step

Good morning,

I’m trying to install Cuda on my windows 10 x 64 bits 8 Go (Ram).
I have a NVIDIA Quadro M620 which seems to be capable GPU.

1. I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 (community version) thanks to this following link : Visual Studio : IDE et Éditeur de Code pour les Développeurs de Logiciels et les Équipes

2. For the Cuda Toolkit 11.2, I double clicked on cuda cuda_11.2.1_461.09_win10.exe (installer type, exe –local)

3. I launched the downloaded installer package. I navigate to the cuda Samples nbody directory.

4. I Open the 2019 nbody Visual Studio solution file for the version of Visual Studio (2019)

5. I Open the “Build” menu within Visual Studio and click “Build Solution”. But I have an error message saying :

Error MSB4019 The imported project “C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Visual Studio \ 2019 \ Community \ MSBuild \ Microsoft \ VC \ v160 \ BuildCustomizations \ CUDA 11.2.props” could not be found. Check that the expression of the Import declaration “C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Visual Studio \ 2019 \ Community \ MSBuild \ Microsoft \ VC \ v160 \ BuildCustomizations \ CUDA 11.2.props” is correct and that the file exists on the disk. nbody C: \ ProgramData \ NVIDIA Corporation \ CUDA Samples \ v11.2 \ 5_Simulations \ nbody \ nbody_vs2019.vcxproj 37 :

Indeed, the error message seems reliable because there is not when I navigate to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\BuildCustomizations

there is no 11.2.props

=> Could you tell me why ? The problem comes from my MSV version installed? If yes, could you tell advice another MSV windows version ?

In advance, thanks for you usefull help.
Regards.

Hey, I actually ran into the same problem as you, but this solution fixed it for me: Cannot run samples on MS Visual Studi 2019 - #2 by s.ken

Hope this helps!

1 Like