Help running CUDA samples in Visual Studio

Hello to this forum. I apologize if this is not the correct forum and will repost in the correct forum if directed to do so.

I have run CUDA samples with no problems in Ubuntu (and other linux distros) by following the installation instructions.

I now have to have to run CUDA on a Windows 10 System. I downloaded and installed CUDA 10.0. Also have downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2019 version 16.6.2. Community version.

The installations went well but I have not been able to run any of the cuda samples.

The latest CUDA samples were built with VC 2017. I have 2019. I did “retarget solution” to V141 as directed in the output file.

However, the error that I received was:

error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 10.0.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\\**BuildCustomizations**\CUDA 10.0.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Looking for the directory “BuildCustomizations” I did not find it, implying to me that the version of Visual Studio, community, was not correct. Do I need to install a really expensive version of visual studio in order to run the cuda samples?

Thank You
Tom