CUDA profiler problem: "NV_Error: Profiler initialization failed"

I’m using CUDA profiler 3.1.1 and select all counters, which requires 9 runs of my program. After running, I get 9 csv temporary files as expected,
but for some reason, all the even numbered csv files contain:

“NV_Error: Profiler initialization failed”

which causes missing columns in the profiler. Any ideas what’s wrong?

My programs are compiled with the CUDA 3.1 bundled with Nsight, but the profiler is part of the default CUDA 3.1 toolkit.

I also suffered same problem when I used a latest driver 258.96 with GTX-470. External Media However, I found that the recommended version of driver is 257.21 for CUDA 3.1 toolkit on CUDA zone. External Media After I re-install the driver, the problem has disappeared. Try this. External Media

I also suffered same problem when I used a latest driver 258.96 with GTX-470. External Media However, I found that the recommended version of driver is 257.21 for CUDA 3.1 toolkit on CUDA zone. External Media After I re-install the driver, the problem has disappeared. Try this. External Media

I’m also using 258.96 and I suspected there’s an incompatibility between the Nsight & regular driver because I think I remember this problem before when I was using the Nsight beta versions. I didn’t try the regular driver yet because I also remember the regular driver didn’t support Nsight beta debugging. I will try again and if it doesn’t work, I’ll open a case on the NVIDIA registered developers site.

I’m also using 258.96 and I suspected there’s an incompatibility between the Nsight & regular driver because I think I remember this problem before when I was using the Nsight beta versions. I didn’t try the regular driver yet because I also remember the regular driver didn’t support Nsight beta debugging. I will try again and if it doesn’t work, I’ll open a case on the NVIDIA registered developers site.