Decode KLV (Key Length Value) in Deepstream pipeline?

I have seen a few people struggling to demux (and interpret) KLV metadata using GStreamer.

Is there a known method for reading KLV metadata from video in Deepstream?

KLV is the MISB standard for encoded metadata in H264 streams.

Here is a hosted sample H264 video with KLV metadata: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=55ec6f32d5e342fcbfba376ca2cc409a

Thanks.

Hi,
We don’t have any implementation about KLV metadata. Please share more information about this.
1 What is the gstreamer elements for KLV metadta?
2 Please share a sample pipeline of generating KLV metadata in h264 stream, and a pipeline of extracting the metadta from the h264 stream.

We need more detail to understand this function and then check if we can customize deepstream-app to have the function. Let’s see if we can work out a solution.

Hey Dane,

Let me know if this is what you are looking for … having the KLV feature in the deepstream pipeline would be GREAT!

Here is a single command I use to run to broadcast a video that contains klv data:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=sample_with_klv.ts ! tee name=t ! queue ! video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream,alignment=nal ! udpsink host=233.0.0.1 port=50007 auto-multicast=true t. ! queue ! tsdemux ! fakesink sync=true

And this is how I receive it (emphasis on the data-re part!):

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -nostats -loglevel quiet -i udp://233.0.0.1:50007 -map data-re -codec copy -f data -

Or receive this with gstreamer:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)application, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)SMPTE336M' ! rtpklvdepay ! fakesink dump=true

1 Like

Hi,
We don’t have motivation of using KLV in DeepStrram SDK. Would suggest you use existing implementation nvdsmeta which collects the result of deep learning inference. Please check the sample:

/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-gst-metadata-test