Deepstream 5- deepstream-app: error while loading shared libraries: libnvinfer.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (GPU) GeForce 940M
• DeepStream Version 5.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) None used
• TensorRT Version 7.0.0.11
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 440
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) question/ bug (maybe)
• OS Ubuntu 18.04

Hi! My system is Ubuntu 18.04, TRT 7.0.0.11, CUDA 10.2, cudnn 7.6.5, Nvidia driver 440 on GeForce 940M with Deepstream SDK 5.

I tested cuda, TRT, cudnn and other installations. They worked perfectly. After this I installed deepstream. I have followed the Documentation perfectly. I have used tar file to install TRT.

When I enter the samples directory and execute
deepstream-app -c ./configs/deepstream-app/source30_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt

I get the error
deepstream-app: error while loading shared libraries: libnvinfer.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please help!! I’m a beginner and barely know of cuda or TRT.

I checked in my system under /opt/TensorRT-7.0.0.11/ where the Tensorrt files are stored, and found that libnvinfer.so.7 exists. (the image for this is below)

I did not find any issue similar to the one I’ve raised, for Deepstream 5. Please help. Do I need to install tensorflow for Deepstream? if yes where can I find the tutorial for this?

If you did not install TRT to system path, you need to explicitly dynamically link to it,
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/your TRT install library path/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This solved it. Thank you.