Deepstream bug JP > 5.0

Hi there,

I have a problem on the Jetson Xavier NX 16GB Modul with Jetpack > 5.0 and deepstream. Sometimes (not related to temperature or runtime) an error shows up like shown in the video attached. It’s a strange error because sometimes its working without an error for 5 minutes or so and then the error appears suddenly. I use the git repo from Marcos Luciano DeepStream-Yolo to run YOLOv5s on the Seeeds reComputer J2012 (so basically the 16GB NX module + their carrier board). I tried the same with JP 4.6.x and it works without any problems. The video shows an image from the COCO Dataset converted to a video file to work with the deepstream-app but the error also appears when using the image + gstreamer + deepstreamer plugins. The output detection is performed with pretrained Yolov5s.

Can you replicate the problem?

Best
Paul

Can you remind me what is the error that you are referring to? The image has all person recorgnized and seems to be working well.

Yes but can you see the flickering in some frames? It loses the correct bounding box and shows two BBoxes in the middle of the object. I don’t have this behavior on JP 4.6.x. There the BBox is always correct.

Hi @TheJetsonPaul , We have already integrate yoloV5 in our latest deepstream version 6.1.1. You can try to refer the link below to check if there is still a problem.
https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_tao_apps

https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/yolov5_gpu_optimization

Hi @yuweiw, the pretrained YOLOv5s is working with your repo witout any errors. But I’m not able to get a custom model to work with your repo (tao). I basically converted the custom model in the same enviroment and in the same way as the pretrained one. I changed the number of classes and made a new label file. It successfully converts the model to an engine model but on inference it did not detect anything.

Do you know what had changed in Deepstreamer or/and Jetpack and why Marcos Lucianos repo working fine with JP 4.6.x and not with JP 5.X? I also tested Deepstreamer 6.1 on our workstation and its working. So it must be related to the Jetson Devices.

Could you please attach your config file and demo when you run it in deepstream?