Deepstream error while running samples python script

Hi,
I followed all steps to run sample python code with deepstream according to this repo:

“sample_1080p_h264.mp4” file is under “deepstream_python_apps/apps/deepstream-test1” folder

When i run command “sudo python3 deepstream_test_1.py sample_1080p_h264.mp4” under “/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/deepstream_python_apps/apps/deepstream-test1” i get this error:

"0:00:04.476653196 25072 0x169a6590 INFO nvinfer gstnvinfer_impl.cpp:313:notifyLoadModelStatus: [UID 1]: Load new model:dstest1_pgie_config.txt sucessfully
Error: gst-stream-error-quark: Internal data stream error. (1): gstbaseparse.c(3611): gst_base_parse_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstH264Parse:h264-parser:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
"

Please help me

Have you read the README file for deepstream-test1?
deepstream_python_apps/README at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps (github.com)

The input video file should be H264 raw video. mp4 file is not supported.

Hi, Fiona

Hmm, ofc i have read the README file for deepstream-test1

The video that i have added as param is the video that NVIDIA have created for this python app deepstream-test1
the same video that become reader succesifull doing this command:

“deepstream-app -c /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/configs/deepstream-app/source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt”
that video has codec = H264, is that mandatory also the file format to be H264? Hmm i can change format via terminal but i belive same error will be shown up :p

Please, help me. Time is flying i need answers

sample_1080p_h264.mp4 is the mp4 format media file, it can contain audio and video inside it.

sample_720p.h264 is the raw H264 video data. It is pure video.

deepstream-app and deepstream-test1-app are different apps, the supported format and scenario are quite different. Please use the apps according to the README file. It is also recommended to read the source code to know more about the apps. They are all open source.

And seems you need to know some basic knowledge for multimedia files.

How can i get an raw H264 video data file (pure video) as example to test it? Send me one!
Should i always convert my entire offline videos to H264 video data file!!!

These are just sample apps to show how to use deepstream APIs. You can modify it to consume other kind of multimedia files or you can use deepstream-app if you don’t want to modify code. deepstream-app can support many format multimedia files, devices and streaming.

The key is that you must learn basic knowledge for multimedia and Gstreamer project(https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/) if you want to use deepstream SDK freely.

In /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/samples/streams/, the file “sample_720p.h264” is already there.