Gst-stream-error-quark: Internal data stream error

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson TX2
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)

Error: gst-stream-error-quark: Internal data stream error. (1): gstbaseparse.c(3611): gst_base_parse_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstH264Parse:h264-parser:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
Run the python3 deepstream-test1 sample out of the box as per the readme instructions. Altering no code or config files.

I found a user having a similar issue here: Python in DeepStream: error {Internal data stream error} while running deepstream-test1 - #9 by rohit167

The answers provided by support there failed to resolve the issue. One difference between that user and me is I am working directly on the TX2 with a monitor plugged into it, not using SSH. A similar issue also occurs when I try to run the C sample app deepstream-test1.:

Error details: gstbaseparse.c(3611): gst_base_parse_loop (): /GstPipeline:dstest1-pipeline/GstH264Parse:h264-parser:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

Using python code provided from the forum post linked above yields the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "deepstream_test_1.py", line 315, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
  File "deepstream_test_1.py", line 213, in main
    encoder.set_property("bitrate", 2000000)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_property'

I am able to run other sample projects like the objectDetector_Yolo configuration with no issue. I am unsure why these sample apps in C and Python are different in my environment.

Thanks in advance.

Can you show us your command line of run python3 deepstream-test1 sample?

@Fiona.Chen Hello, the following is how I am attempting to run the deepstream sample app. The mentioned mp4 file is in the same directory as the python file.

python3 deepstream_test_1.py sample_1080p_h264.mp4

The readme file of deepstream_test_1.py has told you the input should be h264 element stream.

deepstream_python_apps/README at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps (github.com)

Hi, thank you for your reply.

The command I used is now python3 deepstream_test_1.py sample_720p.h264 and I am receiving a new error:

File "deepstream_test_1.py", line 55, in osd_sink_pad_buffer_probe
    batch_meta = pyds.gst_buffer_get_nvds_batch_meta(hash(gst_buffer))
AttributeError: module pyds has no attribute gst_buffer_get_nvds_batch_meta

From this file.

Please check whether your pyds is installed correctly. DeepStream SDK FAQ - #22 by mchi

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.