Deepstream test 5 not able to process mpeg rtsp stream

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 4.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 410

I am trying to infer on a mjpeg stream from mobotix camera (rtsp://127.0.0.1:34180/stream0/mobotix.mjpeg) using deepstream-test5 application. However, the application is not starting and failing with

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
** INFO: <bus_callback:161>: Pipeline ready

ERROR from src_elem0: Internal data stream error.

** INFO: <reset_source_pipeline:909>: Resetting source 0

** INFO: <reset_source_pipeline:909>: Resetting source 0

Does deepstream -test5 does not support this. How should I progress.

The test5 sample is based on hardware video decoder nvv4l2decoder(https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/index.html#page/DeepStream%20Plugins%20Development%20Guide/deepstream_plugin_details.html#wwpID0E0JR0HA) which only supports h264 or h265 video decoding with rtsp streaming.

If you want to support mjpeg video, please modify the codes of function cb_rtspsrc_select_stream() in /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/app/apps-common/src/deepstream_cource_bin.c to support mjpeg depay, mjpeg parse and decode with nvv4l2decoder. Please don’t forget when using nvv4l2decoder to decode mjpeg video, you need to set the “mjpeg” property as 1.

1 Like

Hi Fiona.Chen,

Thanks for the reply. The pipeline worked, however, I observe a big leak while running the application.

I then played a simple pipeline

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://127.0.0.1:34180/stream0/mobotix.mjpeg ! rtpjpegdepay ! nvjpegdec ! fakesink

On adding nvjpegdec I observe the same leak. This is causing a big issue for me in the application. How do I solve this? Thanks.

Can you try “nvv4l2decoder” instead of “nvjpegdec”? Like “gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://127.0.0.1:34180/stream0/mobotix.mjpeg ! rtpjpegdepay ! nvv4l2decoder ! fakesink”

1 Like

Thanks, it worked.

hi i am beginner with deepstream and kind of lost with it. so i was trying to modify deepstream_source_bin.c file to support mjpeg streaming and i have no clue where i could set “mjpeg” property as 1 as you said .

Hi hanatilouche832,

Please help to open a new topic with more details of your issue. Thanks