Dell 7510 with Linux Ubuntu 20.04 recently does not recognize Nvidia GPU card

Greetings,
I have owned this Dell 7510 with Nvidia Quadro M2000M 4GB GDDR5 laptop for a number of years.

I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 a few months ago and could still see my Nvidia GPU card.

But perhaps about a month ago, I realized that nvidia drivers where not showing up in ‘Additional Drivers’ and just today, after quite a bit of exploration, I saw that the Nvidia GPU card is not identified (I was trying to install a specific set of tensorflow/cuda/cudnn settings).

Below is debugging information that I hope can help you help me.

1. Nvidia-but-report is attached.
  2. sudo hwinfo --gfxcard --short
graphics card:                                                  
                       Intel HD Graphics 530

Primary display adapter: #24```

3) sudo lshw -c display```>>$ sudo lshw -c display
  *-display                 
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: HD Graphics 530
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 06
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pciexpress msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:141 memory:db000000-dbffffff memory:70000000-7fffffff ioport:f000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff```
4) Ubuntu's Additional Drivers do not show anything. The command 'sudo ubuntu-drivers devices' also does not show anything. 
'lspci  | grep -i nvidia'  shows nothing'lspci  | grep -i nvidia;'lspci -k | grep -A 2 -i "VGA" 'shows:
```00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
	DeviceName:  Onboard IGD
	Subsystem: Dell HD Graphics 530
  1. Udev rules grep 10de /lib/udev/rules.d/* are:```lib/udev/rules.d/71-nvidia.rules:SUBSYSTEM==“pci”, ATTRS{vendor}==“0x10de”, DRIVERS==“nvidia”, TAG+=“seat”, TAG+=“master-of-seat”
6) Also tried`sudo apt-get install  nvidia-driver-440`
`sudo update-pciids`
`sudo apt-get install mesa-utils`
`sudo prime-select nvidia`
`sudo prime-switch nvidia`

Dell recently replaced the frame around my laptop, I wonder if the GPU might not have been connected properly? Although I cannot recall if I noticed any differences at that time. 

Feedback is welcome.
Thanks

A dell serviceman, replaced my Nvidia Quadro M2000M 含4GB GDDR5. However, after this step, I am still unable to see the card in Linux. It cannot be a hardware problem.

Any advice on how to resolve this are appreciated.

I don’t see the bug report attached. Can you please check that it got attached correctly?

Do you have the “bbswitch” module loaded? You can check with lsmod | grep bbswitch. If that’s not loaded, please check your Dell system BIOS menus to see if there’s an option to control which graphics devices are enabled. You may need to select a “switchable graphics” or similar option.

@applattner,
Thank you for the support. I have attached the report.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (189.1 KB)

I am not using bbswitch.
The following command:

Blockquote
lsmod | grep bbswitch

returns empty.

@aplattner
Any updates?