Dense Optical FLow in Jetson AGX orin

Hi I’m trying to implement Dense Optical Flow in Jetson AGX Orin, I’ve followed this VPI - Vision Programming Interface: Dense Optical Flow. However it shows this error,
OpenCV: FFMPEG: tag 0x4745504d/‘MPEG’ is not supported with codec id 2 and format ‘mp4 / MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14)’
OpenCV: FFMPEG: fallback to use tag 0x7634706d/‘mp4v’
Processing frame 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “demo.py”, line 104, in
motion_vectors = vpi.optflow_dense(prevFrame, curFrame, quality = quality)
RuntimeError: VPI_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED: NVENC hardware with dense optical flow support not present

Hi,

VPI dense optical flow only supports NVENC backend currently.
However, only Xavier NVENC hardware has optical flow support.

On Orin, we expect users to use the specific OFA hardware which can do dense optical flow.
However, VPI with OFA dense optical flow support is not ready yet.

Thanks,

Is there any guide to implement optical flow in the specific OFA hardware in Orin?

Hi,

OFA needs internal API on Jetson.
You will need to wait for our VPI official support.

Thanks.

Hello, will the dense optical flow calculation based on OFA be released this year? Is OFA dense optical flow still calculated using a 4X4 downsampling method? I just bought an Orin 64GB and found out that it cannot perform dense optical flow calculations, which is very frustrating.

Hi,

Sorry that we cannot share schedule detail here.
But it should be available in months.

The OFA result will be the same as the Optical Flow SDK below(using the same hardware).
The library is only available for the desktop user. On Jetson, we provide this through VPI.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.