Deploy deepstream-app for video analytics monitoring application

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)**RTX3080
• DeepStream Version6.4
I am using deepstream-app for one video analytics monitoring project.
I have a few queries for that.

(1)We are using deepstream-app as background service running. It is run using a bash file from crontab in linux.
So we need to log errors in application as well as customized logging into the same log file. How can I produce log file for deepstream-app?
Since the application will run long time like a week or so, so that log file should not grow too big. Is there a proper way of logging in deepstream-app?

(2)Yesterday tested deepstream-app in one scenario.
The scenario is that one of rtsp sources is unplugged intentionally.
The program starts and crushed after a few iterations of run.
How can I prevent program crush? The program should continue run for other sources. Pls see in the attached image.
IMG_6548

(3)In one test scenario, the application is running. Then unplugged one source. The application try to reconnect a few times and give up. I set big number for rtsp-reconnect-attempts in source configuration as

rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec=10
#Limit the rtsp reconnection attempts
rtsp-reconnect-attempts=10000

But still give up after a few runs. I think there is a default number for rtsp-reconnect-attempts.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

1. you can redirect to some file. for example, “app command-line”>1.log 2>1.log.
    there is no automatic log splitting. you can use command-line to rename the log from time to time.
    2,3. you can set rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec and rtsp-reconnect-attempts to enable reconnection functionality. deepstream-app code is opensource. the default of rtsp-reconnect-attempts is -1, the variable will be updated to the actual value if rtsp-reconnect-attempts is set. please refer to watch_source_status in deepstream_source_bin.c for when the reconnection attempt will end.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.