Deepstream-app rtsp reconnect issue

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU
• DeepStream Version 5.0.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 440+
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Question

I am using deepstream-app with 6 RTSP streams. I believe that the network has some issues that cause the cameras to go offline and online. After the app has been running for 6+ hours it gets stuck with the following error messages:

ERROR from src_elem1: Could not open resource for reading and writing.
Debug info: gstrtspsrc.c(7469): gst_rtspsrc_retrieve_sdp (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:multi_src_bin/GstBin:src_sub_bin1/GstRTSPSrc:src_elem1:
Failed to connect. (Generic error)

** WARN: <watch_source_status:613>: No data from source 3 since last 600 sec. Trying reconnection

So my question is what is the logic of the rtsp reconnect, my config for all cameras is as follows:

[source0]
enable=1
#Type - 1=CameraV4L2 2=URI 3=MultiURI
type=4
uri=rtsp://<user>:<pass>@10.1.0.114/axis-media/media.amp?camera=1
gpu-id=0
rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec=600
cudadec-memtype=0

The problem is that the app doesnt crash but gets stuck on the last reconnect message. If the app loses all cameras should it continue to try and reconnect? When does it set pipeline to stopped and close?

If your are using deepstream-app or deepstream-test5, please check /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/apps/apps-common/src/deepstream_source_bin.c, there is a watch_source_status thread which will monitor how long there is no data from rtsp source. If the time is longer than 60 seconds, the rtsp source will be reset.

You can check this part for your case.

1 Like