Device '/dev/nvhost-msenc' failed during initialization (1)

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) GPU A30
• DeepStream Version DeepStream Docker deepstream:5.1-21.02-triton
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) 470.57.02
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) bug
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

Hi everyone,

trying to get the deepstream-python rtsp out example runnning, i always get an error message:

Error: gst-resource-error-quark: Device ‘/dev/nvhost-msenc’ failed during initialization (1): gstv4l2object.c(4074): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/nvv4l2h264enc:encoder:
*Call to S_FMT failed for YM12 @ 1920x1080: Unknown error -*1

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Can the following pipeline work on your device?
gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug=v4l2videoenc:7 videotestsrc ! nvvideoconvert ! nvv4l2h264enc ! fakesink

Hi,
thanks for your answer. I tried the pipeline an got the same Error.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/nvv4l2h264enc:nvv4l2h264enc0: Device ‘/dev/nvhost-msenc’ failed during initialization

Attached you find the complete output.

Let me know if you need any further information.
Thanks.

There is no hardware encoder in A30. NVIDIA A30/Datasheet
nvv4l2h264enc and nvv4l2h265enc are for HW video encoding. Please use SW encoder instead.

Hi,
thanks for the information.
Can you give me an example how to use the SW encoder in Pyhton?

In C/C++ there is the option enc-type to choose between SW an HW, ist there such an option to use in Python? Thanks!

gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug=v4l2videoenc:7 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! h264parse ! mp4mux ! filesink location=test.mp4

Python GStreamer Tutorial (brettviren.github.io)

This is just gstreamer coding skill, it has nothing to do with deepstream.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.