Difference between objLCCurrCnt vs objLCCumCnt using NvDsAnalyticsFrameMeta

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson Orin
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
8.4.1-1+cuda11.4

Hi, I am using the analytics plugin and I am trying to get the count of the line crossing set and came across two definitions objLCCumCnt and objLCCurrCnt.

What is the difference between those two?

objLCCumCnt definition states that: “it holds a map of total cumulative count of Line crossing for configured lines

objLCCurrCnt Holds a map of total count of Line crossing in current frame for configured lines

what does current frame means?
I ran the application with 3 sample videos and only one line and objLCCumCnt came with the cumulative counts that show on the screen and for objLCCurrCnt the value was always 0.

What will happen if I have multiple lines? , are all going to be added into objLCCumCnt?
Answer for this; I figured I can retrieve the cumulative count using using key, value pair; where key is the line crossing label. So it is not adding a cumulative for all the lines.

objLCCumCnt will accumulate the count while objLCCurrCnt only is the count in current frame. you can run sample deepstream-nvdsanalytics-test to check.

yes, every frame has own objLCCumCnt and objLCCurrCnt, please check parse_nvdsanalytics_meta_data.

I am trying to understand what count in current frame means. I understand now so basically, it means that the count in the current frame will give me the number of objects that crossed the line in a particular frame, for example: if three people crossed the line at the same time in frame number 10 I will get that objLCCurrCnt is 3 for frame 10, correct?

yes, objLCCurrCnt=3 is only for frame 10, after frame 15, if there is no people crossing, objLCCurrCnt will be 0, but objLCCumCnt is still greater than or equal to 3.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.