We are trying to disable the default console serial port for debug (ttyS0). As we are using the port for something else, we would like to disable any signal going out on this port (boot included).
- Jetson TX1 dev board
- TX1Jetpack versions 3.0 and 3.1 (both versions)
- reading serial data out of the serial port ttyS0 on pin 9 of J21.
- ttS0 serial port is sending data when the TX1 boots and during transmissions which causes errors in our communication protocol.
- extlinux.conf file attached for reference (directory /boot/extlinux). Does not contain any reference to the console tty or ttyS0.
- ttyS0.conf file attached for reference (directory /etc/init)
Solutions already tried:
- Removing the ttyS0.conf from the init directory (tutorial at http://connecttech.com/resource-center/kdb347-reassigning-disable-serial-debug-connect-tech-tx1-carriers/)
- Modifying extlinux.conf with more arguments
- modifying U-boot
- Disabling getty services
None of those solutions was able to disable (or even reduce) the port output data.
Does someone as a method to do that which is working for both JetPack versions ?