Do multiple IGMP queriers cause problems?

I have two SN2100 switches connected to one another, let’s call them A and B, the last octet of their IP addresses on the subnet are .10 and .11 respectively. Both switches are configured for IGMP snooping, and both switches have an IGMP querier enabled. I run iPerf on servers connected to each switch. Multicast packets flow from the server connected to switch A to the server connected to switch B. But when I reverse the iPerf roles, multicast packets do not flow from the server connected to switch B to the server connected to switch A. Removing the IGMP querier from switch B solved the problem. Multicast packets now flow in both directions. The relevant portions of the original configuration from switches A and B are:

IGMP Snooping configuration

ip igmp snooping

vlan 1 ip igmp snooping

vlan 1 ip igmp snooping querier

Switch B’s configuration changed to:

IGMP Snooping configuration

ip igmp snooping

vlan 1 ip igmp snooping

My question is, when the IGMP querier on switch B hears IGMP membership queries from switch A (which has a lower IP address), shouldn’t it go into a standby mode?

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting your question on the Mellanox Community.

As we noticed that you also opened a Mellanox Support ticket based on your valid support contract, we will continue to support you through the Mellanox Support ticket opened.

Thank you,

~Mellanox Technical Support