Driver for Mellanox Technologies MT25408A0-FCC-QI ConnectX

Hi all,

I want to learn some basics about RDMA and I got several machines that are equipped with very old NIC, which is “Mellanox Technologies MT25408A0-FCC-QI ConnectX”. However, I cannot find a proper driver for it in the internet. Does anyone have an idea of how can I proceed with this old hardware? Many thanks!

Hello lixl666,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Developer Forum - Infrastructure and Networking - Section.

ConnectX adapters are end-of-life and end-of-service for awhile now. Our latest drivers (MLNX_OFED/EN), the Linux Distros INBOX drivers and the latest UpStream kernel modules, do not contain any support for the ConnectX adapter anymore.

You can try to see with loading the mlx4_core and and mlx4_en modules, if the adapter is configurable.

Our recommendation is to find a more recent adapter like the ConnectX-4, which is still supported.

Thank you and regards,
~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

Dear MvB,

I have tried to install “MLNX_OFED_LINUX-4.9-0.1.7.0-ubuntu18.04-x86_64.iso” in Ubuntu 18.04. During the installation, an error occured for package “NEO-Host”:

If I skip this package by ./mlnxofedinstall --force --without-neohost-backend, it can finish the installation. I just wonder the usage of this package. Is it OK that I skip the installation of this package?

Thank you very much!

Hello lixl666,

You can skip this package as it will not support your adapter.

As you mentioned that you are using a ConnectX adapter, MLNX_OFED 4.9 LTS has no support for your ConnectX adapter.

Thank you and regards,
~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.