Dual Intel 8265 wifi module

Hi,

We would need to connect to two wifi networks at one with our Nanos. We are already using Intel Dual Band Wireless-Ac 8265 modules in our setup which we very satisfied with both performance and range wise.
So we for the second wifi this module would be a no brainer as we see the Nano could handle multiple PCIe modules so in theory we would be able to a new port in our custom carry board.

What we are not sure of it is there any pitfall what we do not see and we should take into account? Or this could be a viable option in your opinion as well?

Thanks!

Peter

Hi,

Or is that possible to use the 2.4GHz band to connect to an wireless network and use 5GHz band as an AP (to allow other devices to join to the Nano) with a single device?

I saw similar solutions with dual band routers but not sure if it is module and the Nano is capable to carry out the same task.

I saw plenty similar topic like:

but as I see they use two different modules: one USB dongle and this Intel module.

Thanks!

Peter

If you want to use two pcie interface card, you have to consider the limited pcie lane on nano module.
There is only one pcie x4 available on nano. And it cannot be used for two x1. Thus, you have to use pcie switch.

You can also try with one usb and one pcie card. This should be working too.

The rest of problem should be the vendor driver. You can check with the vendor for help.