e-con Systems Launches 13MP MIPI Camera for NVIDIA Jetson TX1

e-con Systems announces the launch of the much awaited MIPI camera board for NVIDIA® Jetson Tegra X1 development kit - e-CAM130_CUTX1 - 13 MP Jetson TX1 Camera Board. e-CAM130_CUTX1 is a 13MP 4 lane MIPI CSI-2 camera board based on AR1820 CMOS Image sensor from ON Semiconductor® and an integrated Advanced Image Signal Processor(ISP) for NVIDIA® Jetson Tegra X1 development kit. The e-CAM130_CUTX1 streams 720p(HD) and 1080p(FullHD) @72fps, 4K or Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) @30fps and 13MP@ 20 fps in uncompressed YUV format.

I’m thinking to use this product for an input device to the TX1 H.264 encoder.
I have some question about the specification of this product.

(1) Support I420(YUV420) output format ?
-----> YUV422 is not suitable for H.264 encoding.
(2) Support nVIDIA Multimedia API and V4L2 ?
-----> Not only GStreamer
(3) Support the newer and the future release of L4T(Linux for Tegra) ?
-----> e.g. R24.2.1 and later

1. Nvidia provides a hardware accelerated gstreamer plugin which allows colorspace conversion from YUV422 to YUV420 so that camera data can be fed into H.264 encoder. We provide gstreamer documentation on how to use this with our cameras.

2. Our current release has not been tested with tegra multimedia API (MMAPI). Only V4L2 is supported. MMAPI should work because internally it uses V4L2. We need to evaluate further to be able to support MMAPI.

3. The latest release form e-con uses the L4T_R24.2 version of BSP released by nvidia. We can also support other versions as per client requirement…

Dear e-conSystems_Dharma,

I appreciate your quick reply.