Trying to reduce this to the simplest reproducible case.
- Ubuntu Linux on desktop running Eclipse with CUDA 10.0 (default JetPack 4.2 install on virgin Ubuntu 16.04 LTS)
- Jetson TX2 connected over Gigabit Ethernet
- Default CUDA C/C++ Project => CUDA Runtime Project (the sample that does the array reciprocol and sum)
- PTX/GPU code set to 6.2 (Pascal)
- Remote run works successfully (and it’s FAST)
- Remote debug starts. I can step over code and into code.
- I get to the line below and attempt to step over or step in and the debugger hangs. (size is 65530). Setting a breakpoint somewhere after this line will also never be reached.
CUDA_CHECK_RETURN(cudaMalloc((void **)&gpuData, sizeof(float)*size));
Attempting to pause the debugger or stop the application does nothing from Eclipse. I have to ssh into the TX2 and kill the cuda process to stop it.
Advice? I’d like to be able to use the debugger if I need it and I suspect something simple can fix this issue. I’ve broken the cudaMalloc call out into a single cudaError_t result = cudaMalloc(…) and it definitely fails on the cudaMalloc call and not the macro.