Enhancements desired in NPP symbol nppiWarpAffineBack to match IPP warping behavior.

Hi,

I am interested in being able to reproduce the results from Intel Performance Primitives to floating point round off error. I’ve found that I’m able to reproduce the results in ippiWarpAffine and ippiWarpAffineLinear for 32f_C1R using nppiWarpAffineBack_32f_C1R for the bilinear interpolation case.

I would like to request some enhancements to nppiWarpAffineBack since it’s the algorithm I’m looking for.

1. Support for 64f_C1R as is found in nppiWarpAffine.

2. Support for a different cubic interpolation algorithm. I’d like the same behavior as:

status = ippiWarpAffineCubicInit(sizeSrc,
                                              sizeDst,
                                              dataType,
                                              T,
                                              direction,
                                              1, // numChannels set to 1
                                              Ipp64f(0.0),
                                              Ipp64f(0.5),
                                              borderType,
                                              fillVal+k,
                                              pSpec,
                                              initBuf);

ippiWarpAffineCubic_64f_C1R(src,
                                     srcStep,
                                     dst,
                                     dstStep,
                                     dstOffset,
                                     sizeDst,
                                     pSpec,
                                     pBuffer);

In other words, I’d like the CATMUL_ROM cubic spline interpolant discussed in the IPP doc:

Not sure if this is the right venue for asking for enhancement requests, I don’t have a question to ask. Happy to submit this somewhere else if that’s the right way to go.

The right way to submit an enhancement request is by filing a bug report, with the token “RFE” displayed prominently in the title, such as

RFE: Support 64f_C1R in nppiWarpAffineBack as is found in nppiWarpAffine

or similar. (RFE = “request for enhancement”)

The bug filing directions are linked to a sticky post at the top of this sub-forum.

If you have any trouble I should be able to help, and after you file it (if you wish), I can provide any touch-up needed in our bug system if you give me the bug number returned by the system.

If it will save you typing you can provide a link to this forum thread in your bug report, but its not mandatory.