Error during installation - version `GLIBC_2.14' not found

Hi,

I’m trying to install cuda_10.1.105_418.39_linux.run but I get an error:

./cuda-installer: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by ./cuda-installer)

I did as it is pointed here - linux - How to upgrade glibc from version 2.12 to 2.14 on CentOS? - Stack Overflow but still there is the same error.

Are there a way of how to install cuda_10.1.105_418.39_linux.run on old OS?

For the first problem, you have to do a “ldd --version” and see what glibc version is in your system, and then do a proper uninstallation/reinstallation of glibc on the required version. I don’t know what distro you are using but then it is just regular Linux housekeeping which a package manager can help with.

As for the second question, you have to check the installation guide of CUDA 10 and see what is the oldest OS supported. If what you intend to use is not listed, you can’t use this CUDA version and will need to look for a version that supports it.

It is very old unsupported distro with glibc_2.11, mostly all software I compiled and instaled from source. The previous installations of cuda.run versions were successfull. I succesfully compiled new glibc but it seems that without packet manager it is impossible to update OS to use this new glibc.

I thougth that maybe there is a way of how to run cuda_10.1.105_418.39_linux.run with the the manually compiled glibc, while the default OS glibc is 2.11. But it seems that it is impossible and the only way - to install modern distro. And it is bad for me…